First level - Suggested Activity
First Level: Craft and Design Contexts for Developing Technological Skills
During practical activities and design challenges, I can estimate and measure using appropriate instruments and units.
Through discovery and imagination, I can develop and use problem-solving strategies to construct models.
Having evaluated my work, I can adapt and improve, where appropriate, through trial and error or by using feedback.
- To design and build an outdoor and indoor giant panda enclosure that has all the features needed to provide a stimulating, yet comfortable environment for pandas in captivity.
- To use problem solving strategies to design and build various features.
- To find and use a selection of natural and man-made materials suitable for the design task.
- To estimate and measure enclosure areas to ensure design elements and features will fit.
- To adapt and improve designs following verbal or written feedback from teachers and peers.