- Activity Booking
- Booking Terms and ConditionsAll visitors to our sites are expected to follow the general terms and conditions as set out below.
General terms and conditions for entry to Edinburgh Zoo can be found on the Edinburgh Zoo Website.
General terms and conditions for entry to the Highland Wildlife Park can be found on the Highland Wildlife Park Website.
- For Health and Safety reasons children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or over at all times.
- Minimum Charges: There is a £40 minimum charge for all Education sessions (£25 for home educators or groups where all students have additional support needs). This will only be charged if numbers attending fall below the minimum level.
- Cancellation: A cancellation fee of £40 (£25 for HE or ASN groups) will be charged if cancellation is made 14 days or less before your visit. This will be subtracted from your next booking charge if a new booking is made within 3 school months of the original visit date.
- Late arrival: On the day of the visit late arrival may result in a shortened or cancelled session. If your group is running late, please contact us on 0131 314 0335 and let us know your expected new arrival time. Please be aware that if the group is more than 30 minutes late to the Education Centre/meeting point the session may have to be cancelled due to time constraints, and the group will then be invoiced at the normal group rate for entrance rather than the discounted education rate.
- No shows: In order to be eligible for the discounted education rate, your group must attend the education session. If you have booked an education session and visit the Zoo/Park but don't turn up for your session then you will be charged at group admission rates. If you have already paid on the day at education rates, there will be an additional charge in the form of an extra invoice sent out.
- Behaviour during the session: Education officers teaching a session expect all people attending to behave in a respectful and responsible way during the session, and to follow given instructions. Education officers reserve the right to ask for a disruptive person to be removed from the session, or to end a session early due to poor behaviour.
- Group leaders are responsible for the behaviour of learners at all times on site.
- BUS TOURS - Where a bus tour is booked, it is the responsibility of the group leader and transport providers to ensure that bus drivers are able to take vehicles around our reserves and have adequate driver breaks in line with DVSA PSV375 regulations. We cannot accept responsibility for any clashes resulting in missed tours due to driver breaks.
You will be contacted after the date of the visit with a feedback request, it would be greatly appreciated if the group leader could complete the feedback questionnaire online.
- Details for booking
Please see our website for up to date Education prices.
Groups will be invoiced after their visit for the number of adults and children that attended the education session.
For smaller groups it may be possible to pay on the day.
Minimum charges and Cancellation
There is a £40 minimum charge for all Education sessions (£25 for a group of home educators or where all students have additional support needs)
Please note a cancellation fee of £40 (£25 for HE or ASN groups) is charged if cancellation is made 14 days or less before the visit unless a re-booking is made at the same time, the new booking must be within 3 school months of the original booking date.